December 31, 2016

[2016] What happened this year to Rayque?

It's the 31st of December - it's time for another summary!
As the tradition here as always, this marks the 6th summary on this blog.

In tradition, I (and the rest of the Rayque3 Staff) wish you a great 2017. Unfortunately 2016 has been a year quite similar to 2015, and I hope that 2017 can make a change in that sequence.

The Youtube Department (Rayque3 Staff)

General
- Our eighth anniversary!
- Reached 10.000.000 total upload views!
- Reached 9500 subscribers!
- Uploaded 29 videos this year!
- Reached our second 1.000.000 times viewed video!
- Finished the Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone Walkthrough (Luxatus Patella).
- Started the Breath of Death VII: The Beginning Walkthrough (Luxatus Patella).
- Introduced the Smesh Bros series, a subtheme of the Randomness series.
- Released a new Single-Part-Video, LEGO® CITY Undercover - Main Story.

The following numbers are approximated to improve readability.

Analytics for this year (+% compared to gain in 2015)
- Obtained 1.825.000 views (-41%). Previous year: 3.100.000 (+8%).
- Obtained 3400 likes (-32%). Previous year: 5000 (+51%).
- Obtained 360 dislikes (-42%). Previous year: 630 (-18%).
- Obtained 470 comments (-48%). Previous year: 900 (+29%).
- Obtained 650 shares (+33%). Previous year: 490 (+400%).
- Obtained 3200 favorites (-9%). Previous year: 3500 (+350%).
- Obtained 1500 subscribers (-44%). Previous year: 2700 (-20%).

Top 10 Most Viewed Videos for this year
1. [+0] Mario Party 7 - All Mini-Games (780.000 views)
2. [+0] Kirby's Return to Dreamland - All Mini/Main/EX Bosses (570.000 views)
3. [+0] Donkey Kong 64 - All main bosses (140.000 views)
4. [+0] Super Smash Bros. Brawl - 100% Subspace Emissary (130.000 views)
5. [+2] Pokémon Battle Revolution - All Masters Battles [HeartGold] (11.000 views)
6. [-1] [Walkthrough] - Croc 2 - Part #1 -- CROC TO THE RESCUE (17.000 views)
7. [-1] Kirby 64 The Crystal Shards - All main bosses (15.000 views)
8. [+2] Lego® - Custom Electronic/Pneumatic Helicopter Simulator (10.000 views)
9. [+3] Sin & Punishment 2: Successor of the Skies - Isa & Kachi Mode (4000 views)
10. [-2] [Walkthrough] - Croc 2 - Part #2 -- GOBBO, GOBBO, GOBBO (3900 views)

Top 10 viewed countries for this year
1. [+0] United States - 590.000 views (32%)
2. [+0] Japan - 110.000 views (6%)
3. [+0] United Kingdom - 75.000 views (4%)
4. [+0] Brazil - 73.000 views (4%)
5. [+3] Mexico - 64.000 views (3,5%)
6. [+0] France - 60.000 views (3,3%)
7. [+2] Canada - 54.000 views (3%)
8. [+2] Germany - 52.000 views (2,8%)
9. [+2] Italy - 51.000 views (2,8%)
10. [-5] Russia - 43.000 views (2,3%)

Traffic Sources for this year
1. [+0] Suggested video - 990.000 views (54%)
2. [+1] Homepage (subscriptions, recommended videos) - 410.000 views (22%)
3. [-1] Youtube search - 160.000 views (8%)
4. [+1] Youtube playlists - 140.000 views (8%)
5. [+1] External - 45.000 views (2%)

Did you know...
- That despite Mario Party 7 - All Mini-Games has been the most viewed Rayque3 video to date, during September, Kirby's Return to Dreamland - All Mini/Main/EX Bosses, gained more views during that month, making it one of the few months in our channel's lifetime that Mario Party 7's video wasn't on first place?
- If we would exclude 2008 (because we've started during the Summer), 2016 has been a year with a lot of declining stats? Not only has this been the least productive year in terms of released videos, we obtained less in everything except for shares (which is the only stat of improvement over 2015). However, proportion wise, we did gain more views through Youtube's homepage and more views from the North America (Mexico and Canada included) and West Europe.
- Even if 2016 has been a declining year in comparison to 2015, 2015 was our most successful year on our channel to date? Even with the current stats of 2016, the only two years on our channel that were more successful than this year were 2014 and 2015.
- This is the first year since its release to not have included a video from the High-Dex-Hero series? There had been several videos planned, including Chaos Zakum (before Zakum the Newborn update), Chaos Horntail (before Heroes of Maple update), Pink Bean (unassigned schedule) and Normal Magnus (before 5th Job), however, these never came to production. Hopefully I'll get back to producing High-Dex-Hero videos next year.
- 2016 released a new Multirandomness video? In 2011, 2013 and 2015, there were no Multirandomness videos released on our channel.
- Proportion wise to our total upload views and subscriber count, 2016 has brought almost one-fifth of our views and about 15% of our subscriber count?
- Despite we're Dutch, the Netherlands is only at the 12th spot in the ranks of most views per country? That is an overall increase by two, because in 2015, our country was on the 14th rank.

The MapleStory Europe Department

General
- Reached 5th Job!
- Reached Level 216! Close to 217!
- Four consecutive years of using my Ribgol Sword!
- Nine consecutive years of playing EMS on my Hero!
- Start rebuilding the Dutchies alliance after the migration.

Obtaining
- Obtained the Level 1 Mihile Skill Link!
- Obtained the Level 2 Mercedes Skill Link!
- Obtained the Level 2 Cannon Shooter Skill Link!
- Obtained the Level 2 Kinesis Skill Link!
- Obtained the Holy Pink Beanity Title!
- Obtained the Dark Critical Adventure Ring!
- Obtained the Sengoku Secret Manual skill!
- Obtained the Madhouse Totems!
- Obtained the Veteran Hunter medal!
- Competed and completed the Haste event!
- Obtained the Sailboat for Commerci!
- Obtained the Dreadnought for Commerci!
- Obtained all the Amaterasu equipment I want!
- Got my Hayato to Level 200 for its Character Card!

Upgrading
- Replaced my Lionheart set for Amaterasu!
- Reached my first Legendary Potential!
- Reached my second Legendary Potential!
- Reached Level 100 Insight!
- Reached Level 100 Diligence!
- Reached Level 100 Empathy!
- Upgraded my Amaterasu's Shoes for Self Combat Orders!
- Upgraded my Amaterasu's Gloves for Self Speed Infusion!
- Upgraded my Amaterasu's Epaulet to 10 Stars!
- Upgraded my Amaterasu's Gloves to 10 Stars!
- Every equip except for my Ribgol Sword is at least Unique!

5th Job
- Obtained Sword of Burning Soul!
- Obtained Aura Weapon!
- Obtained Erda Nova!
- Obtained Rope Lift!
- Obtained a back up Skill Core for Self Combat Orders, Speed Infusion and Sharp Eyes!
- Raised Sword of Burning Soul to Level 8!
- Raised Rope Lift to Level 2!
- Raised Road of Vanishing's Symbol to Level 6!
- Raised Chew Chew Island's Symbol to Level 2!

Miscellaneous
- Started playing Monster Life!
- Reached Level 24 on Monster Life!
- Upgraded my Monster Life baseplate to 22x22 squares!
- Started the Blaster class for its Skill Link.

Did you know...
- I only have 114%-STR? This is the first time in years where I've progressively gained more %-STR. However, because I have replaced my Lionheart for Amaterasu, the number of total upgrades done (slots and Star Force) has dropped by a lot (which means I have a lot to scroll and to enhance once more).
- I am still working on my Inner Ability? While I haven't obtained my 2nd or 3rd preferred line yet, I have spent over four million Honor EXP!
- This has been an incredible successful year for my EMS career? While I won't expect as much to happen in 2017, I am very hyped for 5th Job's next upcoming waves!

The LEGO® Department

General
- Still working on the Hailfire Droid (Mk. 2) project!
- Still working on the Constructor (Mk. 3) project!
- Scheduled and created the project details for Mk. 7!
(I really need to stop doing that...)
- Been starting to work with Bricklink! I'm slowly getting the hang of it, however, because of school and other responsibilities, I haven't been able to really get into ordering a lot of parts for my projects as I wanted to in the first place.
- Obtained a 100% score on LEGO® CITY Undercover, which also marked it's Single-Part-Video.

Blog-related
- Started to archive older MOCs in a single page to tidy up my blog's menu.
- Released a lot of Sets under Black light blogposts.

Miscellaneous
- Started my Danish course! Jeg taler lidt dansk... I've finished basic course 1 earlier this year. Basic course 2, however, was supposed to happen this semester, but there wasn't enough students to follow that course in order to suffice it. Hopefully I can get to that somewhere in 2017!
- Started following Photoshop courses in order to improve my skills.

Obtained
Here's a few personal highlights of 2016!

#4578 Racers - Xalax Ghost (2001)
#7316 Life on Mars - Excavation Searcher (2001)
#7317 Life on Mars - Aero Tube Hanger (2001)
#8935 Bionicle - Nocturn (2007)
#8943 Bionicle - Axalara T9 (2008)
#8954 Bionicle - Mazeka (2008)
#8699 Bionicle - Takanuva (2008)
#8998 Bionicle - Toa Mata Nui (2009)
#5002194 LEGO® City: Undercover (2013)
#71174 LEGO® Dimensions - Starter Pack: Wii U (2015)
#71244 LEGO® Dimensions - Level Pack: Sonic the Hedgehog (2016)
#71310 Bionicle - Umarak the Hunter (2016)
#71312 Bionicle - Ekimu the Mask Maker (2016)
#71316 Bionicle - Umarak the Destroyer (2016)
#76054 Batman: Scarecrow Harvest of Fear (2016)
#601602 Bionicle - Ekimu's Falcon (2016)
#5002946 Marvel Super Heroes - Silver Centurion (2016)
And many more...

2017 seems like a promising year for new LEGO® pieces! However, out of the entirety of 2017, I am most curious to The LEGO® Batman and The LEGO® Ninjago movies.

Other

General
- This year has been a successful one as for my Gaming wishlist! Not only did I managed to purchase LEGO® Dimensions and CITY Undercover, I also got myself a new capture card and a replacement for my TV. It seems my Hauppauge wasn't starting to malfunction after all (phew!) - after some thorough testing, it seems my Component Input of my TV was fused... Anyway, I also got my fourth GameCube controller (about time!) and I got the American version of Megaman ZX Advent (because the European one was such a letdown to remove the corny voice acting).
- While I haven't been able to finish Xenoblade Chronicles X with a 100% Survey Rate, I did get close to about 80%.
I just had way too much fun with all the other content of this game which doesn't count to the Survey Rate. And to be honest, there's nothing wrong with that!
- Despite EMS requiring a lot of my attention in the second half of 2016, I did manage to find some spots to play Team Fortress 2. I am currently Level 42 at Casual Mode. My Demoman clock is on 456 hours, which is just about 40 hours this year. However, I have been playing Engineer more often to support my team, which is why my Engineer clock has 118 hours! I haven't been able to get my Stickybomb Launcher to Hale's Own, but I did manage to get my hands on a Strange Hong Kong Cone, Merc's Muffler and Battery Canteens - this makes my entire Demoman loadout (except for Taunts) consists of only Strange-ranked Items!

As for next year, hopefully...
- Will I be able to finish my two Mk projects? I hope I can, I've just been incredibly busy with everything and nothing... Hopefully you can spot a few changes to the Hailfire Droid somewhere on this post!
- Will it be a successful year for our Youtube channel?
- Will Youtube allow me to finally upload my Xenoblade Chronicles Single-Part-Video?
- Will it also be a successful year for my EMS career?

That's it for this summary! Took me about four hours to write.
Luxatus Patella and I wish you a fantastic 2017!

That's it for 2016! I'll see you guys again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment