March 18, 2016

[EMS] Traits: Level 100 Diligence!


Hi guys! The first blogpost for this month, and unfortunately will be one of the (probably) very few possible subjects to talk about. Not much really has going lately on that feels "blogworthy". That kind of sucks because blogging about EMS is one of my favorite subjects to write about! Well, we just had a third Capsule Toy event that ended this week where you had a chance to obtain Amaterasu equipment, but there wasn't many people doing Capsule Toy in general so we kind of missed the opportunity to finish my set of armour... What a shame! Well, the more hype for a fourth batch, I guess?

Back on subject! This is a bit surprising to myself if I'd be honest, but my Diligence is now Level 100!
Diligence is one of those Traits that is often considered useful, and I can kind of understand the thought behind that because scrolling is one of the most important things in this game as for upgrading. You gotta scroll right to get a solid foundation for your character, otherwise you'll struggle with building Potential and other goods.

Nexon Europe has been quite generous with events lately to keep us busy until the next patch (which won't arrive for the next pair of weeks, unfortunately) and thus we got to see that infamous Mysterious Trait Potion again. This potion is surprisingly rare the past several years - it used to be a recurring reward with Hot Time events (a total of 3 times as far as I can remember) but after that it kind of disappeared. So I'm more than glad to see we got another one!

For the Maplers out there who are unfamiliar with the "Mysterious Trait Potion", it's a rare (and to an extent highly desired) event potion that raises a random Trait by ten (!) Levels. The potion will not raise any Traits that are Level 100 prior to obtaining one, but it could be potentially wasted on a Trait that might be Level 99 for example. This is the second time the game decided to raise my Diligence by ten levels, which means twenty (!) levels of Diligence has been raised by this fancy potion alone.

The same thing can be applied to my Empathy Trait, because it has been raised twice by ten back when the potion was a recurring reward. When the Professions were introduced during the Chaos update in 2011 (and some of you might remember the various blogposts related it) there was a lot of limitations at first that Nexon has slowly lifted over time throughout the years. One of them was the fact that you could only learn Mining *or* Herblore - and most people might remember I picked Mining over Herblore. So before we could learn both, I raised my Empathy to Level 35 (!) through Party Quests and Mysterious Trait Potions...

So, with Diligence being another Level 100 Trait, the only one that's left is Empathy. As mentioned in the previous post, Empathy might take a while - and I wouldn't expect it to reach 100 any time soon within a year (or two). Hey, perhaps Nexon Europe might release a few more of these fancy potions, who knows? At least it's my only Trait left
to be raised, so every +10 Levels is guaranteed to raise this particular personality trait...

That's it for today guys - I'll see you again next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment