January 21, 2013

[Lego] Back in the past: Scifi Jeep

Hi guys! I was looking at my MOC (My Own Creation) shelf this day, until I saw a somewhat older creation of mine, from 7 years ago.



I still remember I got the 8675 Outdoor Challenger for my 12th birthday. Back then, I built the regular model from the instruction manual, but soon after that I disassembled it and started making my own Outdoor Challenger. Note that this MOC has been made in 2006, a lot of good & known bricks we currently use in MOCs were not present in that time.

Fishing nets as a window.
I was actually looking on how I could build (in my eyes) an awesome car. As you know, I love scifi Lego® models, as you might have seen the Afterlord Project and my Space Collection on my blog. I started building a scifi jeep, coloured acid green with black and red spots. As you see the front bumper and the tires are damage a lot, I used to drive it in our street through dirt and it crashed a few times against the kerb.


Always be prepared in the jungle!
As for the small details, the front has a somewhat odd nose, made up from various Bionicle and Technic parts, combined with a large black tube. To protect the driver without flashy windows, I used two fishing nets as an unique touch to my creation. Last but not least, I really wanted to use the jungle axe from the well-known Bionicle Lewa, and placed it in the back. You would really use it if you got stuck in the jungle!

Though it is 7 years old, would I have options to improve it? Sure I do have, but would I change this MOC and update it? I do not, I prefer to keep it the way as it is. It may be dusty and damaged, it is still a memorable design of my childhood. It is still, and will be a major role in the path to becoming a Lego® Designer!

2 comments:

  1. Your own creations are nice very cool vehicles. The 8675 Outdoor Challenger has technical parts which are good. Nice innovation you got and the details are well presented.

    ReplyDelete